Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Reg Gupton says: I want you back

Hi there,

Reg Gupton here.

As you may know, I am a 20 year road cyclist. It is one of the major passions in my life. The other is fly fishing. As I say to my friends, I have two expensive and time-consuming hobbies.
Some time back (as you can see from the following email) I was a member of Adventure Cycling, an advocacy and tour leading group. A while back, I let me membership expire.
I rec'd this email today. I was wowed by the personalization. They told me when I let my membership expire (May 2003) and that I had been a member for 4 years. That is knowing a lot about a past customer. I bet that some number of the folks that receive this offer will renew. I LOVE it.

BTW...keep reading to the bottom.

Dear Reg,

Hi, I'm Julie Huck, Adventure Cycling's membership director, and I'd like to make you a special offer. Your membership expired some time ago in May 2003. If you renew your support in the next week, I'll sign you up as a 15-month member for the 12-month price. I want you to see the latest Adventure Cyclist magazine and keep you involved in bicycling!

We have a limited number of June issues of Adventure Cyclist in our office. If you would like a copy sent with your membership card, just make a note when you renew your membership.

To renew online using our secure server just click on the link below.

https://www.adventurecycling.org/secure/renew.cfm?m=Z15887419&s=R9
Your membership number is Z158874 and you had been a member for 4 years.

If you have any questions or comments for me, please click reply and type away.

Thanks for your past support. You are the reason we have been able to establish the 38,158 mile Adventure Cycling Route Network!

Happy cycling,

Julie Huck
Membership Director

Adventure Cycling Association
150 E Pine Street, Missoula, MT 59802
Inspiring people of all ages to travel by bicycle.
(800) 755-2453 toll free, (406) 721-1776 phone, (406) 721-8754 fax
http://www.adventurecycling.org

P.S. Renew now and we'll send you a $5 gift certificate to our on-line
store too!

Do you know this level of detail about your past customers? Have you sent a message to them, telling you want them back?

Maybe you should. What do you think?

To your continued success,

Reg Gupton
Gupton@growthseminars.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Reg,

This is Julie Huck, the person that wrote to you about renewing. Thanks for the kind words! Glad I was able to inspire you to join us again.

Cheers