Monday, October 23, 2006

How can you strengthen relationships easily?

I have been sending (off and on-mostly off) birthday cards to friends and family and clients for years.

It has been a hassle to day the least. You know how it is.

It's somebodys birthday next week. You forgot again. You jump in your car, hustle to the card store, find and buy a card. You go back to your office and find that you're out of stamps. That means a stop at the Post Office. You ended up spending $3 and 3 hours on one greeting card.

Well I found an easier way, but first I had to populate my database with valid birthdays. I sent the message below to everyone in my database.

I hope this message finds you well and you're having a wonderful fall season. I certainly am.

Recently I made a commitment to send more birthday cards and stay in touch with those important to me. Because of this decision, I have recently sent many more cards and found out two important things.

First, I find that I am missing many birthdays (maybe yours). And second, I have come to the harsh realization that some of the dates I do have in my database are incorrect. I sent a card (or two) and rec'd some friendly static from those when I sent a card on a the wrong date.

I would really appreciate it if you would give me a call or respond to this message and let me know your birth date (just the day and month is fine).

Thanks in advance. I look forward to hearing from you.

This message was sent to hundreds of folks got me run over with replies. I had contact with many, many folks who I have not been in touch with in years.

There were hundreds of replies. I have created a monster with this campaign. I can think of worse problems.

Reg Gupton



No comments: