Sunday, October 15, 2006

A perfect way to grow your relationships

Marketing to individuals is all about building relationships and sending hand written notes to folks can strengthen and build those relationships. A client during a brainstorming session came up with the following system (and systems are all important in personal selling).

A real estate contact manager software package Top Producer, is mentioned. I will talk about this more later.

I have created a system for writing my 15 daily notes that makes it easy and fun! I print out my sphere list from Top Producer. Each work day during my prospecting time I pull out my folder, which contains cards, envelopes and stamps, pick a name on the list and write them a small, personal note. I highlight the name on the list and put the date next to it. When I have written to everyone on the list, I print out a new list (which will have all the new biz cards I have added) and start over. I have received amazing cards, emails and phone calls from the notes I have sent. Since I am thinking about the notes more, I am constantly finding new people during the day to send a note to. If this person is not on my printed list, I add them to the last page. I now look forward to my note-writing time each morning!

Put this simple and yet, powerful strategy into effect and watch your relationships get better and better.

Reg Gupton

No comments: