Sunday, February 08, 2009

Reg Gupton offers suggestion on desk clutter

A short, yet powerful suggestion on minimizing desk clutter.

A while back a client said that she had worked out a way to minimize the clutter on her desk. Do you have desk clutter at the end of the week. She did(and maybe you do to?). I certainly do.

She has a weekly alarm on her electronic calendar for first thing Monday morning to clean her 180. By this she meant that (figuratively) she would hold her arms straight out from her shoulders to the side. And clean everything in that area.

She told me that she did want me to look at the floor or behind her. That area was still a mess.

She had been liberated by what she saw. A clean desk. And more importantly what she did not see.

Try it and give me a call. I am restarting this tomorrow.

To your continued success,

Reg Gupton

No comments: