Saturday, January 30, 2010

My Review of STABILicers Traction Devices - Unisex

Originally submitted at REI

STABILicers anti-skid traction soles give your footwear a tenacious grip on snow and ice.


Better than I could have imagined

By reggupton from Boulder CO on 1/30/2010

 

5out of 5

Gift: No

Sizing: Feels true to size

Width: Feels true to width

Pros: Comfortable, Durable

I learned about these while on a naturalist hike at about 9,000 in the Rockies. We were on a packed snow trail where no floatation was required. All that I need was increased traction to keep from slipping.

I reviewed my winter mountain travel and found that over 85% of the time, I was on packed trails.

I spent only a little time on unpacked, soft snow.

Now, I carry my snowshoes and were Stabilicers most of the time.

I have also used them when fly fishing for increased grip in the stream. They work well.

They are the best.

(legalese)

No comments: