Thursday, March 15, 2007

Reg Gupton posts a guest book review of What to say when you talk to yourself

What To Say When You Talk To Your Self
by Shad Helmstetter, Ph.D.

This book presents a fundamental understanding of how the mind is programmed, and it was a real eye opener for me. I especially liked Helmstetter's analogy of the mind as it operates much like a computer. The computer receives input, and the mind receives input. The computer does not care what the information is about; the computer simply accepts it, or deletes it if the save command is not given. The mind can choose the information that is good or not good; the mind can accept the information, or delete it. Helmstetter writes, "I choose my thoughts. No thought, at any time, can dwell in my mind without my permission." It makes a lot of sense.

My thoughts are under my control. I can re-program the information in my mind. I can delete limiting beliefs. Marcus Aurelius said, "Our life is what our thoughts make it." Shad Helmstetter tells us how to do it in "What To Say When You Talk To Yourself."

John Newby - REALTOR®

Click here for your own personal copy of What to Say When You Talk to Yourself, by Shad Helmstetter. Ph.D.

Reg Gupton

No comments: