Monday, March 19, 2007

Shuffle that deck of cards

Yesterday was a beautiful spring day here in Boulder CO. I went for a solo hike on some of the almost 100,000 acres of public open space near my home

While walking, I decided to recite my affirmations as I have a challenge doing this while sitting or most other activities. My attention span is too short. How about yours?

Some time back I decide to see if the following idea would work. And it does. It works beautifully.

I wrote out my affirmations on the back some old business cards. This weekend, I took them with me. As I walked along on the trail while sweating and breathing hard, I repeated each affirmation until I reached a landmark such as a tree or boulder. Having the cards with me, gives me the focus I need and beautiful scenery to boot.

I have to tell you that it works great.

Try this tip to combine exercise (which we all need) and spaced repetition of your affirmations. This weekend sealed it for me. This is the way for me.

Let me know how you repeat your affirmations. I will then pass your suggestions on too.

To your continued success,

Reg Gupton
www.growthseminars.com

No comments: