Monday, January 22, 2007

Empower yourself when prospecting

Several years ago while developing my real estate business, I like many of you struggled with prospecting and talking to people.

I would talk with individuals, worked with them, spend time with them and then nothing. I had major attitude problems. I thought every one should like, trust and want to work with me.

I can not give credit to to the following aphorism. I don't recall where it heard it first. I have used it for years and years. When I first heard it I was doubting. I had difficulty in believing that something this simple could make a difference in my life.

In order to effect a change in my behavior, I wrote it on a 4x6 index card and put on my credenza for years and years. And read it over and over and over and over, and over. Getting a pattern here? It worked at a very fundamental level.

Here it is. SW, SW, SW, N. Some Will, Some Won't, So What, NEXT. The emotional power of this expression is in the word, NEXT. It frees you to move on and not get wrapped up in your nickers and hold on to the any single prospect.

Let me know how this works for you. It works for me to this day.

Reg Gupton

No comments: