Friday, April 10, 2009

Reg Gupton feels like the kid sometimes.

Hi Folks,

I know that for some of you the future looks grim. And I work very hard to make lemonade out of lemons and thought of a joke I heard sometime back.

I could not remember where it came from nor the details of the joke. Did a quick google search. All is better now.

The joke, most often attributed to Ronald Reagan, known as the 'pony joke'. Presidential speechwriter and author Peter Robinson recounts the joke:

'Worried that their son was too optimistic, the parents of a little boy took him to a psychiatrist.

Trying to dampen the boy’s spirits, the psychiatrist showed him into a room piled high with nothing but horse manure. Yet instead of displaying distaste, the little boy clambered to the top of the pile, dropped to all fours, and began digging. 'What do you think you’re doing?' the psychiatrist asked. 'With all this manure,' the little boy replied, beaming, 'there must be a pony in here somewhere.''

Most days this is how I feel. There must be a pony in this mess somewhere.

Try this attitude on for size. It will help.

All my best,

Reg Gupton
gupton@growthseminars.com

No comments: