Thursday, December 21, 2006

Reg Gupton reports a problem with Top Producer 7i

I have discovered a problem with Top Producer 7i recently. As you know I no longer sell real estate and have an active coaching practice. I am still using Top Producer 7i as my database/contact manager. I have been a user of this powerful, useful program since it was a DOS program. I used to teach a previous version too. Top Producer calls me a power user.

The other day a REALTOR coaching client asked me to share my closing action plan with her. I was pleased to help her.

I created a closing with her as the seller and myself as the buyer. In order to get the details of the plan to her, I wanted to print a report and then fax it to her. Because some of the action descriptions are long, I attempted to print the "detailed closing report" in landscape mode so there would be more room for the descriptions to be visible to her.

I learned after a difficult call with TOP Producer tech support that it is not possible to do what I want as the program creates a PDF file which can not be modified.

If you are as upset as I am, how about we all send a request to their wish list which is located at programsuggestions@topproducer.com asking for this to be changed? There in power numbers.

Let's all work together to make the program better.

Reg Gupton

No comments: