Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The secret way to receive the latest information on your passions.

Ever since I read about Blogging several years ago, I struggled with how to find information written in the Blogging style. I was unwilling to take my time to search out content on topics that were of interest to me. What I wanted was a service hopefully free that would let me know when there were postings to some Blog somewhere on topics of interest me. If you are as busy as I am, I am not going to visit a Blog without knowing if there is new content.

The other day another blogger sent me a request to link to my Blog. I was honored.

I called him to learn how he found me. What was the process? I hoped that it was simple. Was I glad I got in touch with him.

He said that Google has a system called Google Alerts that allows you to specify the topics or words that you wish to learn about on Blogs and other Internet related sources.

Here is what Google has to say about their new system.

Welcome to Google Alerts

Google Alerts are email updates of the latest relevant Google results (web, news, etc.) based on your choice of query or topic.

Some handy uses of Google Alerts include:

  • monitoring a developing news story
  • keeping current on a competitor or industry
  • getting the latest on a celebrity or event
  • keeping tabs on your favorite sports teams

Visit www.google.com/alerts to start having too much fun. Let me know if you like this powerful new service as much as I do.

Reg Gupton

No comments: